FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Facials are like little workouts for the skin, it’s a chance to exercise the muscles, improve circulation and flush out toxins with a goal to improving the appearance of the skin whilst you relax.
A facial should be tailored to your skin type, specific skin concerns and goals you would like to achieve. When people think of facials they think of cleanse and extraction but there is so much more a facial can do for you. Whether you have acne, pigmentation signs of ageing, lifeless skin, a special occasion coming up a facial treatment can offer you many benefits including hydration, plumping, balanced complexion, radiance and much more!
Pick from Relaxing Spa Facials, HydraFacials, Skin Boosters, Skin Peels, Microdermabrasion, Mesotherapy, Microneedling and combined with medical grade skincare you will achieve long term results. A prevention is better than a cure so start working on your skin today for a brighter future for your skin..
When our facial pressure points are massaged it can give us a feeling of relaxation and wellbeing. During facials there will be a process called lymphatic drainage massage which is known to flush out toxins and improve blood circulation.
When our skin needs a detox it can feel congested, acne prone, dull and lifeless. A facial treatment is the perfect pick me up to deep cleanse, exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin. To maintain youthful, polished and hydrated skin the cell turnover should regenerate every 28-30 days so monthly facials are the perfect self-care treatment.
Tighten your skin.
Even skin tone.
Skin can go through ‘purging’ because facials help to eliminate toxins, and this can cause ‘breakouts’ whilst the skin is detoxing. Be patient for one skin cycle (about 28 days) and follow your aftercare advice. If you are acne prone, you will be advised to use an antimicrobial spray called Clinisept 3 times daily after your treatments to reduce the breakouts.
- Double cleanse
- Change your pillowcases on a regular basis
- Clean your make-up brushes or avoid them altogether
- Clean your phone to avoid bacteria spreading
- If you do breakout, use your Clinisept spray 3 times daily
- Stay committed to your skincare routine and you will see results
- Check in with your facialist if you are ever concerned about anything
- Drink plenty of water after your treatment (6-8 glasses recommended)
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet including 5 portions of fruit and vegetables
- Do your skincare routine including SPF daily
- Exfoliate 1 week after your facial to increase benefits
- Avoid wearing make-up for 24 hours
- Do not change your skincare routine unless advised to
- No exfoliation for 1-week post treatment- you will be given gentle daily enzymes to use
- Avoid sun-bathing/sunbeds/fake tan for 2 weeks
- Avoid direct heat /sauna/hot bath or shower/steam for 72 hours
- Do not exercise for 24 hours post facial / 72 post peel
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol
- Do not apply perfume to the skin
- Do not pick, pull or touch your skin – allow things to settle
There are pregnancy friendly facials, during your medical check let your facialist know if you are pregnant or suspect you may be so the treatment plan can be tailored for you. Avoid treatments such as microdermabrasion, skin peels and microneedling.